E-Book Umfrage von aptara
21. September 2011 § Hinterlasse einen Kommentar
Uncovering ebooks‘ real impact
2009 – 2011
Results & Analysis from Aptara’s 3rd Annual eBook Survey of Publishers
Gain unprecedented insight into eBook publishers‘ production and business models. Representing more than 1,300 book publishers from the Consumer, Professional, Education, and Corporate markets, this report documents eBook trends, strategies, and best practices that have emerged since Aptara’s first survey in 2009.
Survey Highlights: 2009 to 2011
- One out of five eBook publishers generates more than 10% of their revenues from eBooks.
- Trade, more than any other publishing market segment, has aggressively
increased its eBook pursuits.
- Two out of three eBook publishers have not converted the majority of their
backlist (legacy) titles to eBooks.
- Amazon still dominates distribution . . . but by a steadily decreasing margin.
- Publishers’ own eCommerce sites generate the greatest percentage of sales for
all publishing market segments other than Trade.
- Amazon generates the most eBook sales for Trade publishers, even though a
comparatively small percentage of Trade content is distributed through Amazon.
- Amazon generates significantly more eBook sales than EPUB-based platforms
- … and more
Hier gibt es die Studie kostenlos zum Download (nach kurzer Registrierung).